Nimbus (www.nimbus.green) is developing self-balancing electric pod vehicles with the goal of changing how people move inside cities. We are at the intersection of electrification, micromobility, mobility as a service, and autonomy and are backed by Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, and other prominent investors.
You will be joining the early stages of an EV company challenging the status quo by defining a new vehicle type. We are tackling climate change and urban transportation problems like congestion that's not being addressed by the auto industry. We are aiming to be to the automobile what the smartphone is to the personal computer.
We are looking for a great hands-on electrical engineer to join our team to build and test prototype vehicles and work towards design of embedded systems, electrical systems, and electronics modules for production vehicles. Knowledge of best practices in the automotive industry is very helpful and you must be able to use first principles thinking to challenge the status quo.
The candidate must be resourceful, enjoy being challenged, be able to deliver in a high pressure environment, excel at creative problem solving, and enjoy working in a team.
Your tasks will include:
- Contribute to the design and build of electrical systems for prototype vehicles (schematics prep, PCB layout, assembly and test)
- Program digital control systems and signal processing algorithms for prototype electric vehicles
- Build, use and maintain data acquisition systems for testing and vehicle development
- Contribute to the design and optimization of prototype vehicle electrical systems
- Collaborate with the testing and mechanical engineering team
- Help select suppliers and design approaches for production
- Design electrical system of production vehicles
- Design electronics modules for production vehicles
- Validation of design through testing
- BS in electrical engineering, control systems, computer engineering or equivalent
- 5 years experience in electrical engineering
- Hands on ability in prototyping and troubleshooting
- Experience with programming (bare-metal) and testing embedded systems, microcontrollers
- Expertise with both hardware and software
- Experience with programming both digital control systems (PID, etc) and digital signal processing (FIR, IIR filters, etc) algorithms for real-time performance
- Experience working in a high-paced environment with strict deadlines such as a racing program
- Experience with SimuLink or other high level programming tool
- Engineering leadership experience
- Experience in powersports or automotive industry
- Passionate about solving societal problems such as climate change and traffic safety
- Experience with embedded system development in automotive or aerospace